Wye Marsh Welcomes Winter!
Winter offers a new perspective to the marsh - with Trumpeter Swans honking, animal tracks in the snow, Chickadees coming to say hello, and so much more. Bundle up, and explore outdoors at Wye Marsh this winter!
What is there to do on a winter visit at Wye Marsh?
- Explore over 25 km of trails winding through wetlands and woodlands, including a 500m boardwalk through the cattails.
- Visit Swan Landing to learn about the story of the wild Trumpeter Swans who went from extinction in Ontario to a growing population thanks to conservation.
- Handfeed Chickadees along the trails, making for some very sweet photos.
- Visit the Animal Ambassador Birds of Prey in the Birds of Prey Field including owls, hawks, and a Bald Eagle.
- Winter bird watching at the feeders or along the trails, you are sure to see some beautiful feathered species.
- And so much more to discover on your visit to Wye Marsh!
Winter Events & Happenings at Wye Marsh:
- Current Trail Conditions
Check the up to date hiking and ski trail conditions, plus download a copy of Wye Marsh's trail map!
- Snowshoe Ecotours
Experience areas of the Wye Marsh that are otherwise not open to the general visiting public! Pre-registration required.
- Cross Country Skiing at Wye Marsh
Discover cross country skiing, and explore over 25km of trailing winding through the woodlands of Wye Marsh!
- Wye Marsh OPEN HOUSE! - December 3, 2022
Join us at Wye Marsh to escape, explore and experience for FREE! Hand feed chickadees, roast bannock, hike the trails or finish up your holiday shopping in our gift shop!
- Wreath Making Workshop - December 3, 2022
Just in time for the holidays - create and hang a homemade wreath this year!
Enjoy an afternoon creating evergreen wreaths with cedar, blue spruce, and painted pine cones.
- Marsh by Moonlight Snowshoe Series - January 20, 21, 27, 28 + February 3, 4, 2023
Join us for this exciting opportunity to experience nature at night, then warm up by a cozy fire!
- Art in the Marsh: Clay Sculpting - February 5, 2023
This is an introductory class for clay sculpture. There is something special, healing, and fun about molding clay with your hands. Discover the gratification that comes when imagination takes shape in physical form. This a great class for artists of all skill levels. Materials provided.