As of March 1, 2021, Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre will be temporarily closed due to COVID-19 and the Code Grey: Lockdown in effect for Simcoe County.
All trails, the Visitor Centre, and the Birds of Prey Field are temporarily closed.
For the most up to date information regarding visting Wye Marsh during COVID-19, please visit Wye Marsh's COVID-19 Updates page.
Wye Marsh Welcomes Winter!
Winter offers a new perspective to the marsh - with Trumpeter Swans honking, animal tracks in the snow, Chickadees coming to say hello, and so much more. Bundle up, and explore outdoors at Wye Marsh this winter!
What is there to do on a winter visit at Wye Marsh?
* Explore over 25 km of trails winding through wetlands and woodlands, including a 500m boardwalk through the cattails.
* Visit Swan Landing to learn about the story of the wild Trumpeter Swans who went from extinction in Ontario to a growing population thanks to conservation.
* Handfeed Chickadees along the trails, making for some very sweet photos.
* Visit the Animal Ambassador Birds of Prey in the Birds of Prey Field including owls, hawks, and a Bald Eagle. These birds live at Wye Marsh because they cannot be released to the wild and need special care.
* Winter bird watching at the feeders or along the trails, you are sure to see some beautiful feathered species
* Look for animal tracks to see which critters have come before you.
* And so much more to discover on your visit to Wye Marsh!
Please note that Wye Marsh is unable to rent equipment this season. Please bring your own snowshoes or cross-country skis to explore!
Winter Events & Happenings at Wye Marsh:
- Plan Your Winter Visit!
Wye Marsh is open to explore 7 days a week, 362 days a year. Click here to plan your winter visit including business hours, admission pricing, and everything else you need to know to explore the trails!
- Snowshoe Ecotours
Experience areas of the Wye Marsh that are otherwise not open to the general visiting public! Pre-registration required.
- Cross Country Skiing at Wye Marsh
Discover cross country skiing, and explore over 25km of trailing winding through the woodlands of Wye Marsh!
- Current Trail Conditions
Check the up to date hiking and ski trail conditions, plus download a copy of Wye Marsh's trail map!