Welcome to Marsh School!Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre has been providing outdoor experiential learning focused on the natural world, conservation and environmental stewardship since 1969.
Our educational programs are developed and facilitated by fully trained and experienced Outdoor Educators. The staff & volunteers of Wye Marsh are a team of enthusiastic Naturalists who are excited to share their knowledge while you gain the many benefits associated with participating in outdoor physical activities.
What makes us UNIQUE:
- Our programming compliments classroom or home based learning with outdoor experiential lessons, and provides participants with opportunities to interact with, develop caring and concern for, and take action in the places where they live, study, and play.
- Our Outdoor Educators (Naturalists) provide connections between the Ontario education curriculum and the world around us, allowing participants to directly observe impacts and issues by exposing them to the many points of view that must be considered in making choices to preserve the health of the natural environment.
- We believe that learning while having fun encourages immediate and long term involvement in conservation and environmental stewardship.
- Our unique setting - National & Provincial Wildlife Area, Important Birding Area, provincially significant wetland, designated as an area of natural and scientific interest, home to Trumpeter swans (Provincially rare bird), species at risk, productive & biodiverse ecosystem - provides endless opportunities to make unique connections.
- Facilities and trails are accessible to all physical levels.
Learn more about our Day Trip programs...
You might also be interetsed in programming for groups and clubs, such as Guides & Scouts, Outdoor/ Acitive Clubs, visiting Day Camps, Teams, Probus, etc.