Field Trips and Education
The staff & volunteers of Wye Marsh are a team of enthusiastic Naturalists who are excited to share their knowledge and appreciation for the natural world, environmental stewardship, and the many benefits associated with participating in physical activities out-of-doors with you and your students.
What makes us UNIQUE:
- Our programming compliments classroom learning with experiential lessons, and provides participants with opportunities to interact with, develop caring and concern for, and take action in the places where students live, study, and play.
- Our Outdoor Educators (Naturalists) provide connections between curriculum and the world around us, allowing participants to directly observe impacts and issues by exposing them to the many points of view that must be considered in making choices to preserve the health of the natural environment.
- We believe that learning while having fun encourages immediate and long term involvement in environmental stewardship.
- Our unique setting - National & Provincial Wildlife Area, provincially significant wetland, designated as an area of natural and scientific interest, home to Trumpeter swans (Provincially rare bird), species at risk, productive & biodiverse ecosystem - provides endless opportunities to make unique connections.
- Facilities and trails are accessible to all physical levels.
To learn about our school & group programs and to request a booking, please visit the following links: