Guided Canoe Tours
From May to October we offer one-hour guided voyageur-style canoe tours. Experience the unique opportunity to head off the beaten path and onto the secluded marsh channels that are home to the midland painted turtle, bullfrogs, red winged blackbirds and river otters! While on tour, visitors can expect to learn about the Wye Marsh's ecological, cultural and historical significance while enjoying a relaxing and breath taking paddle.
Please note our paddling season starts weekends in May 2023 and weekdays in July 2023.
- Saturdays and Sundays at 10:30, 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30.
- No pre-registration. Please sign up for a canoe upon your arrival (please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure time).
- No experience necessary
- Guided canoe tours are an additional $8 per person
- Includes all equipment (PFD, paddle, bailer/toe rope/whistle).
- All ages are welcome. Those weighing under 30lbs need to provide their own life jacket/PFD.
- Tours are subject to change and availabilty. Please note that above a humidex of 34°C, guided tours will be cancelled. Please call 705-526-7809 if you would like to confirm that tours are running.
We do not take reservations for our 1-hour guided canoe tours. They are registered on a first come, first serve basis only. We recommend that you sign up for a tour when you pay for admission.
If you are a group (20+ participants) interested in taking a guided canoe/kayak tour please visit our 'Groups & Tours' page for more information on how to plan your visit and to request a booking.
Guided Kayak Tours
Prefer kayaking? Check out our Guided Kayak Tour page for details about our 1.5 hour kayak tours!