32nd Annual Sweetwater Harvest Weekends
March 18/19 & March 25/26, 2023
9 am- 4 pm (Last Admission @ 2:30 pm)
Celebrate a uniquely Canadian tradition
in a distinctively Canadian landscape.
Sweetwater is not your average maple syrup festival - it's been so much more since 1991!
The Sweetwater Harvest Festival is the Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre’s biggest special event of the year – and ONE ticket gets you access to TWO fantastic sites this March 18, 19, 25 & 26.
Join the Friends of Wye Marsh and Sainte-Marie Among the Hurons for an awesome maple syrup experience this spring.
PLEASE NOTE: All tickets must be purchased through Eventbrite!
$ 17 for Adults *
$ 14 for Students & Seniors *
Children 3 & under are FREE!
* Plus applicable taxes & Eventbrite fees
There is limited parking at Wye Marsh. We encourage those who can, to please park at Sainte-Marie among the Hurons (a 10- minute walk to the Wye Marsh), allowing others with limited mobility to park their vehicles directly at the Wye Marsh. Programs run from 9 am- 4 pm. Last Admission is at 2:30 pm.
Start your Sweetwater Harvest experience at Sainte-Marie Among the Hurons:
- See how the local Indigenous People, the Huron-Wendat, traditionally welcomed spring
- Take part in awesome educational activities
- Check out live historical demonstrations
- Explore Sainte-Marie’s award-winning indoor museum
- Swing by the Sweetwater Harvest Arts & Crafts Market
- Chat with local artists and artisans about their unique creative offerings
Visit the birthplace of Sweetwater... and fall in love with our natural heritage!
- Wander through the Sugar Bush
- Visit the Sugar Shack to see how sap is turned into liquid gold
- Warm up by an open fire (weather permitting) and roast some Bannock on a stick
- Play pioneer games
- Visit the Birds of Prey Field and say hello to the owls, hawks and eagle
- Explore forested trails or head out on the boardwalk to see the marsh stir to life after a long winter's nap
- Stop by the Woodcarvers booth to make and take home a free craft
- Purchase your supply of local maple syrup and honey
Please Note: Outdoor programs at Wye Marsh may be modified due to high winds on March 25 & 26.
- Bannock roasting may be relocated to Sainte-Marie
- Birds of prey may be seen in the Visitor Centre and/or around the pavilion
- Sugar Shack pans and interpretive items may be relocated to the pavilion
- Trails may be closed
- Please note: All tickets must be purchased through Eventbrite.
- Our timed tickets, with set attendance limits each half hour, will help spread out visitors over the day, providing everyone with the time and space to enjoy Sweetwater to the fullest.
- Last admission is at 2:30 pm as programs end at 4:00 pm. To make the most of your Sweetwater experience, we suggest you book earlier in the day. We anticipate it will take guests approximately an hour to enjoy the Wye Marsh, approximately 45 minutes to experience Sainte-Marie and approximately two hours to visit both sites.
- Tickets are transferrable between guests.
- Refunds and exchanges will not be issued.
- The festival will run regardless of weather - please dress accordingly and wear comfortable footwear.
- Please print and bring your receipt to the event; cell phone coverage is spotty in the Visitor Centre. It will automatically be emailed to you.
- While we love our furry friends, we are not able to accommodate pets at this special event (service dogs are welcomed of course). Thank you for your understanding.
For more information call: 705-526-7809.
See you this Spring at 16160/16164 Hwy 12, near Midland!