Welcome to Marsh School! Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre has been providing outdoor experiential learning focused on the natural world, conservation and environmental stewardship since 1969.
Our educational programs are developed and facilitated by fully trained and experienced Outdoor Educators. The staff & volunteers of Wye Marsh are a team of enthusiastic Naturalists who are excited to share their knowledge while you gain the many benefits associated with participating in outdoor physical activities.
About Marsh School
Marsh School is a Nature-based program for children where they can enjoy the benefits of learning in an outdoor natural environment. Your child will benefit from our knowledgeable naturalists, as well as the added attention and safety of being part of a small cohort of children.What we do:
- Head, heart, and hands approach to outdoor learning
- Compliment to a child’s academic education
- Provide opportunity to play and learn in ecologically significant wetlands and woodlands
- Help children develop a strong and healthy sense of self, a positive sense of community, and a deep connection to the natural world through outdoor, experiential, inquiry-based learning
Our programs allow children to experience nature at their own pace and to get close to nature and wildlife through quiet, peaceful explorations. They will have opportunities to make greater connections to nature through art and discovering the wonders of nature through a scientific lens.
How do we sign up?
- Must sign up for full 4-week session and pre-pay to ensure marsh students stay within the same cohort for health & safety precautions.
- Please pay via the PayPal links below, you will then be redirected to enter your child's information.
- Please note that you do not need a PayPal membership to pay, simply click 'checkout as guest'.
- Private sessions are available. If you already have a group of children who have a good connection with each other, you can request a Private session for your group.
2021 Marsh School Dates
Marsh School is for students aged 6-12.
December 2021 Block:
December 3, 10, 17, 31 from 9:30am-3:30pm
January 2022 Block:
January 7, 14, 21, 28, 2022 from 9:30am-3:30pm
February 2022 Block:
Feb 4, 11, 18, 25, 2022 from 9:30am-3:30pm
March 2022 Block:
March 4, 11, 18, 25, 2022 from 9:30am-3:30pm
April 2022 Block:
April 1, 8, 22, 29, 2022 from 9:30am-3:30pm
Marsh School FAQs:
What can I expect at Marsh School?
- Maximum of 8 participants per cohort
- Marsh School runs from 9:30am-3:30pm
- Everyone will be following Ontario Government COVID-19 guidelines
- All participants will be required to wear a face mask in all indoor spaces and when physical distancing is not possible, and will follow proper hygiene protocols
- All participants will go through a COVID screening process each day before they will be allowed to join
- All shared spaces, equipment and tools will be cleaned and disinfected between users
What does my child need for Marsh School?
Marsh School takes place in all weather. Please ensure that your child has the proper clothing to be outdoors, even in the rain or snow. This means dressing in layers, with appropriate boots, hat, gloves, coat, and if necessary, snow pants. Your child should also have a lunch, snacks, and a water bottle. Masks are required at Marsh School when indoors and when social distancing is not possible. We recommend having an extra mask in case your child's mask is soiled throughout the day.
Do I need to pack my child a lunch?
Yes, please pack a lunch, snacks, and a water bottle for your child. Please consider packing a lunch with minimal garbage as we aim to inspire being eco-conscious from an early age in all Marsh School students.
Are masks required?
Yes. Masks are required when indoors at all times, and outdoors where social distancing is not possible.
Masks will not be required outdoors where social distancing is possible.
What ages is Marsh School for?
Marsh School is geared for aged 6-12. If you are interested but your child is outside of this age range, please contact us at email@example.com.
When is Marsh School available?
There are currently blocks on Fridays in December 2021 - April 2022.
Marsh School has been generously supported by Bayles Deschamps Holloway Wealth Management. Thank you!