Welcome to Marsh School! Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre has been providing outdoor experiential learning focused on the natural world, conservation and environmental stewardship since 1969.
Our educational programs are developed and facilitated by fully trained and experienced Outdoor Educators. The staff & volunteers of Wye Marsh are a team of enthusiastic Naturalists who are excited to share their knowledge while you gain the many benefits associated with participating in outdoor physical activities.
About Marsh School
Marsh School is a Nature-based program for children where they can enjoy the benefits of learning in an outdoor natural environment. Your child will benefit from our knowledgeable naturalists, as well as the added attention and safety of being part of a small cohort of children.What we do:
- Head, heart, and hands approach to outdoor learning
- Compliment to a child’s academic education
- Provide opportunity to play and learn in ecologically significant wetlands and woodlands
- Help children develop a strong and healthy sense of self, a positive sense of community, and a deep connection to the natural world through outdoor, experiential, inquiry-based learning
Our programs allow children to expience nature at their own pace and to get close to nature and wildlife through quiet, peaceful explorations. They will have opportunities to make greater connections to nature through art and discovering the wonders of nature through a scientific lense.
How do we sign up?
- Sign up for either Thursdays, and/or Fridays
- Must sign up for full 4-week session and pre-pay to ensure marsh students stay within the same cohort for health & safety precautions.
- Please pay via the PayPal links below, you will then be redirected to enter your child's information.
- Private sessions are available. If you already have a group of children who have a good connection with each other, you can request a Private session for your group.
There are currently no sessions open for registration for Marsh School.
What can I expect at Marsh School?
- Maximum of 8 participants per cohort
- Everyone will following Ontario Government COVID-19 guidelines
- All participants will be required to wear a face mask in all indoor spaces and when physical distancing is not possible, and will follow proper hygiene protocols
- All participants will go through a COVID screening process each day before they will be allowed to join
- All shared spaces, equipment and tools will be cleaned and disinfected between users
Are masks required?
Yes. Masks are required when indoors at all times, and outdoors where social distancing is not possible.
Masks will not be required outdoors where social distancing is possible.
When is Marsh School available?
Marsh School is running part day programming for the Winter and will resume full days again in the Spring:
- Friday Mornings: 9:30am-11:30am for 4-6 year olds
- Friday Afternoons: 12:30pm-3:30pm for 6-8+ year olds
Spring/Fall Schedule: TBD