COVID-19 Updates: Visiting Wye Marsh Safely
Page Updated: November 23, 2020
Visitor Centre: 9:00am-5:00pm daily
Trails & Birds of Prey: 9:00am-4:00pm daily
While visiting please keep the following in mind:
- Please check in at the Visitor Centre to access the trails.
- Simcoe County is under a Code Orange Alert and all visitors will be screened prior to proceeding to the Front Desk. The screening criteria will be posted on the entrance door, and visitors will be asked to confirm that they have answered “no” to all the screening questions.
- Masks are required in the Visitor Centre at all times.
- There is a maximum of 10 people permitted in the Visitor Centre. There may be instances when we ask you to wait until you enter the building. We currently have limited staff, but we will work as quickly as possible to get you into the building.
- Visitors are asked to wait outside until the group ahead of has completed their check-in at the front desk of the Visitor Centre.
- Please follow all floor markings and directional signage in the Visitor Centre.
- Only one family or group is allowed in the Marsh Memories Gift Store at a time.
- Children must be supervised by an adult while in the Visitor Centre.
- The Visitor Centre washrooms are open, please respect social distancing and ensure there are no more than two people at a time.
We kindly ask that all visitors read and follow the provincial guidelines regarding COVID-19. Simcoe County is currently under a Code Orange Alert, for more information please visit:
Memberships to Wye Marsh will be extended to account for time that the facility was closed according to the following:
- Winter Memberships expired on April 30, 2020 will be extended to July 31, 2020
- Annual memberships that expired between March 17 and May 1, 2020 will be extended 2 months from date of expiry
- Annual memberships that expire(d) between May 2, 2020 and March 16, 2021 will be extended 3 months from date of expiry
Thank you to everyone for your ongoing support.
We are very excited to welcome you all back to Wye Marsh - see you soon!
For all program inquires please contact email@example.com
For all facilities inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For animal care inquires please contact email@example.com
Please note there will be a delay in responding to messages left at the main switchboard.
Please check the website or our social media pages for updates, we will work on keeping them as current as possible.