COVID-19 Updates: Wye Marsh's Reopening
Page Updated: September 16, 2020
Wye Marsh is excited to announce that we will be re-opening the Visitor, Trail System, and Birds of Prey Field on September 16, 2020.
- Please check-in at the Visitor Centre to access the trails. Per requirements of the County of Simcoe, masks are required in the Visitor Centre at all times.
- Birds of Prey Field is open daily from 9:00am-4:30pm.
- The trail system closes at 4:30pm, we ask that all visitors return to the Centre before that time. Gates will lock at 5:00pm.
- Be mindful of wildlife who have become accustomed to the trails and boardwalks being unused by humans. Please give them space and do not attempt to approach or feed them, especially on the boardwalk.
- Please respect social distancing guidelines while in the Visitor Centre, in the Birds of Prey Field, and on the trails, especially at intersections and narrow sections.
- Please click here for digital copies of our maps.
- Unless otherwise noted, expect two way traffic on trails, and use at your own risk.
- There is access to washrooms in the Visitor Centre.
- If the parking lot is full, we respectfully ask that you visit again at another time, please do not park on the road.
Memberships to Wye Marsh will be extended to account for time that the facility was closed according to the following:
- Winter Memberships expired on April 30, 2020 will be extended to July 31, 2020
- Annual memberships that expired between March 17 and May 1, 2020 will be extended 2 months from date of expiry
- Annual memberships that expire(d) between May 2, 2020 and March 16, 2021 will be extended 3 months from date of expiry
We are very pleased to be welcoming everyone back into the Centre. Like all businesses that are accessible to the public we are asking that visitors wear a face mask and practice social distancing. Signage has been placed around the Centre to assist visitors, but please speak to staff if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you to everyone for your ongoing support.
We are very excited to welcome you all back to Wye Marsh - see you soon!
For all program inquires please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For all facilities inquiries please contact email@example.com
For animal care inquires please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note there will be a delay in responding to messages left at the main switchboard.
Please check the website or our social media pages for updates, we will work on keeping them as current as possible.