COVID-19 Updates: Wye Marsh's Reopening
Page Updated: June 3, 2020
Wye Marsh is excited to announce that we will be re-opening the trail system in a limited capacity at 9:00 am on June 1st!
Wye Marsh staff have been working with Canadian Wildlife Service (CWS) on a plan to safely reopen, which will be done in phases. During the first phase, admission will be by donation in the parking lot as we build an outdoor admissions booth. Once the booth is constructed, reduced admission rates will apply until we are back up and running 100%.
There is access to portable washrooms.
The Center remains closed to the public. There is no access to the Birds of Prey Field during this time. Canoe tours and other programming will remain suspended at this time. If the parking lot is full, we respectfully ask that you visit again at another time, please do not park on the road.
While on the trails, please keep the following in mind:
- Be mindful of wildlife who have become accustomed to the trails and boardwalks being unused by humans. Please give them space and do not attempt to approach or feed them, especially on the boardwalk.
- Please respect social distancing guidelines while on the trails, especially at intersections and narrow sections.
- The gates will open daily at 9:00am and close at 4:00pm
- Paper copies of the trail maps will not be available during this pase, please click here for digital copies of our maps.
- Please respect one way trails are entry and exit points. Unless otherwise noted, expect two way traffic on trails, and use at your own risk.
Memberships to Wye Marsh will be extended to account for time that the facility was closed according to the following:
- Winter Memberships expired on April 30, 2020 will be extended to July 31, 2020
- Annual memberships that expired between March 17 and May 1, 2020 will be extended 2 months from date of expiry
- Annual memberships that expire(d) between May 2, 2020 and March 16, 2021 will be extended 3 months from date of expiry
Thank you to everyone for your ongoing support!
We are very excited to welcome you all back to Wye Marsh - see you soon!
For all program inquires please contact email@example.com
For all camp inquires please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Summer Day Camps at Wye Marsh are cancelled for 2020.
For all facilities inquiries please contact email@example.com
For animal care inquires please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note there will be a delay in responding to messages left at the main switchboard.
Please check the website or our social media pages for updates, we will work on keeping them as current as possible.
Hiking Trails during COVID-19:
There are specific one way entry and ext points to Wye Marsh's trails as we work through the phases of our re-opening amid COVID-19. Please refer to the map below.