Junior Naturalist Stewardship Club
Ages 12-14 - Registration Now Open!
The Junior Naturalist and Stewardship Club is an amazing opportunity for youths to discover the Scientist within while learning about all the amazing local species that call our beautiful wetland home. Jr Nat’s will experience what it’s like to practice stewardship and gain Citizen Science skills for monitoring and protecting reptiles, amphibians, insects, birds, and a variety of plants all through fun, engaging and hands-on activities, as well as live animal demonstrations. Each week has a different theme and associated special activities and games, giving the Jr Nat’s an encompassing knowledge base. Jr Nat’s will close out the week by taking their newfound skills and knowledge and share those with the public on Friday’s Wonder Wye.
“As a Junior Naturalist at the Wye Marsh, I met lots of new people and encountered wildlife in a way that I never could have imagined. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in nature and wildlife conservation” - K. Kemmish
What will you learn as a Junior Naturalist?
- Learn how to identify different native species of birds, plants and animals.
- Participate in interactive outdoor activities such as dip netting, hiking, canoeing, kayaking and so much more.
- Learn about our captive animals and how to care for them.
- Develop team work skills.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Develop skills that are transferable to all job settings.
- Week 1: July 14-17 – Amazing Amphibians
- Week 2: July 21-24 – Birding Bonanza
- Week 3: July 28-31 – Totally Turtles
- Week 4: August 11-14 – Wetlands and Wildflowers
- Week 5: August 18-21 – A Bugs Life (Dipnetting & Dragonflies)
- Week 6: August 25-28 – Butterflies and Moths
- Annual Family Membership holder: $60.00 /week
- Non-Member: $92.50 /week
- 9am-4pm daily
To register, download the registration form by clicking here and submit via fax 705-526-3294 or by email email@example.com. Forms can also be submitted and payment made in person at Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre once the centre has reopened.
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 705-526-7809 x 220 with questions or concerns!
Please note that registration for closes at 5:00pm on the Wednesday before each week of the Junior Naturalist Stewardship Club. It is our policy that we cannot hold spots in our club unless we have a registration form fully filled out and paid as spots are limited.
*To receive the member discount on camp fees the child registered for camp must be named in an annual family membership. To learn more about becoming a Wye Marsh Member visit our Membership Page